After a 2020 marked by cancellations due to the coronavirus, the 2021 that we left behind has meant the return of most of the competitions that were suppressed then. By 2022 we hope that the sports calendar will definitively return to normal. Below we present the 2022 sports agenda , where the Winter Olympics and the World Cup stand out above all, changing their usual summer dates for the month of November.
Sports calendar 2022
Sports federations and organizers have been publishing their calendars for 2022 over the last few months, although the threat of the coronavirus means that once again we have to take the 2022 sports calendar with a grain of salt. It seems that the postponements will mark the first weeks of the year, we cross our fingers so that all the events can be held successfully and on the scheduled dates.
With the sports calendar you will not miss any great sporting event this year. The Euroleague Final Four , the tennis Grand Slams, the grand tours and cycling monuments… Events that always bring us interesting sports bets and attract all the media attention.
Two events mark the beginning of the year: the New Year’s ski jumps and the Dakar, which once again will cross the Saudi desert. Without forgetting the final of the darts world championship. January is a month of cup soccer, and this year it comes with the plus of the African Cup postponed last year. The best rackets will look for the first big of the year in Melbourne. Spain will seek two continental golds.
- January 3 : PDC World Darts Championship final. London England
- February 9 to 6 : Africa Cup Cameroon 2021
- January 12 to 16 : Spanish Soccer Super Cup. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- January 13 to 30 : European Handball Championship. Hungary and Slovakia
- January 17 to 30 : AusOpen tennis
- February 19 to 6 : European Futsal Championship. Netherlands
A special month for basketball, with the Copa del Rey in Granada -and the return of the fans to one of their favorite events- and an NBA All-Star who recovers his complete program. We’ll join the scrum with the start of the Six Nations, we’ll stay up all night with the NFL Super Bowl, the Champions League and Europa League return … and the Olympic flame will rekindle.
- February 3 to 12 : Club World Cup. UAE
- February 3 to 19 : Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics
- March 5 to 19 : Six Nations
- February 6 : Final of the Africa Cup of Nations
- February 6 : Final of the European Futsal Championship
- February 13 : Super Bowl
- February 17 to 20 : ACB Cup. grenade
- February 18 to 20 : NBA All-Star Weekend. cleveland
The third month of the year smells of gasoline. The first weekend, Quartararo will start the defense of his MotoGP title in the Qatari night; and in the middle of the month we will discover the revolutionary Formula 1 . Will The Plan come out? Also on wheels, we will have the first monument of the season or the Volta.
- March 4 to 6 : the motorcycling world championship begins. Qatar GP
- March 18 to 20 : the Formula 1 World Championship begins. Bahrain GP
- March 18 to 20 : World Indoor Athletics Championships. Belgrade, Serbia
- March 19 : Milan-San Remo
- March 19 : SuperSaturday. Finish the Six Nations
- March 21 to 27 : Cycling Tour of Catalonia
The fourth month of the year is synonymous with strong emotions. Football lovers will experience the outcome of their favorite competitions, including the Copa del Rey final , but we have three cycling monuments, the Basque Country, the Godó and the Mutua Madrid Open, or the first stopover of MotoGP in our country.
- April 3 : Tour of Flanders
- April 4 to 9 : EH Itzulia
- April 4 to 10 : Augusta Masters of Golf
- April 16 to 24 : Conde de Godó tennis tournament
- April 17 : Paris-Roubaix
- April 23 : Copa del Rey soccer final. La Cartuja, Seville
- April 24 : Liège-Bastogne-Liège
- April 26 to May 8 : Mutua Madrid Tennis Open
- April 29 to May 1 : Spanish Motorcycle GP in Jerez
With summer on the horizon, May is a month of endings. The League , the Europa League or the Champions League will lower the curtain. Also the Second Division, although in June we will live in the promotion playoff. Formula 1 will make its stopover in Spain, we will enjoy the Giro, Roland Garros begins and after two years of waiting the legendary All Blacks arrive in Spain.
- May 7 to 29 : Giro d’Italia
- May 8 : final of the Mutua Madrid Tennis Open
- May 13 to 29 : World Swimming and Water Polo. Fukuoka, Japan
- May 13 to 29 : Ice Hockey World Cup. Finland
- May 16 to June 5 : Roland Garros
- May 17 : ACB Playoff begins
- May 18 : Europa League final. Sanchez Pizjuan, Seville
- May 20 to 22 : Spanish F1 GP in Montmeló
- May 22 : UWCL Final. Turin, Italy
- May 22 : Spain-All Blacks Classic rugby. Wanda Metropolitan
- May 22 : matchday 38 of La Liga
- May 27 to 29 : Final Four Euroleague. Berlin Germany
- May 28 : UEFA Champions League Final. Saint Petersburg, Russia
- May 29 : Matchday 42 in the Second Division
We have reached the halfway point of the year crowning the champions of clay court, European handball and basketball in Spain and the United States. On the other side of the pond we still have one of the events of the year with golf, and the motorcycles will return to our country.
- June 2 : UEFA Nations League begins
- June 3 to 5 : Catalan Motorcycle GP in Montmeló
- June 4 and 5 : Roland Garros finals
- June 16 to 19 : US Golf Open
- June 18 and 19 : Final Four EHF Champions League. Cologne, Germany
- June 26 : Deadline to resolve the ACB Playoff
- July 27-10: Wimbledon
- Date to be decided : NBA Finals
Bicycles are for the summer. The Tour de France will entertain us on July afternoons, although the first stages will have to share the spotlight with the Wimbledon grass. England will be very present on our screens with Spain trying to make history in the European Championship and golf. Hockey and athletics complete the menu.
- July 1 to 17 : Women’s European Hockey Championship. Terrasa and Amsterdam
- July 1 to 24 : Tour de France
- July 6 to 31 : Women’s European Championship in England
- July 10 and 11 : Wimbledon finals
- July 14 to 17 : British Open Golf
- July 15 to 24 : World Championships in Athletics. Eugene, Oregon, USA
- July 30 : San Sebastian Classic
As usual, the major soccer leagues return in August with the transfer market red hot. It is also the month of La Vuelta or the US Tennis Open, in addition to the third edition of the European Championships. Rowing, climbing, track cycling, artistic gymnastics, triathlon, table tennis, cycling, athletics, mountain biking or whitewater canoeing will deliver continental titles in Munich.
- August 11 to 21 : European Swimming Championships. Rome Italy
- August 11 to 21 : European Champions 2022. Munich
- August 12 : La Liga 2022-2023 begins
- September 19 to 11 : Tour of Spain
- September 29 to 11 : US Open Tennis
- To be decided : La Liga 2022-2023 begins
We continue to recover the events that COVID took from us. It will be Eurobasket’s turn, in the first tournament where La Familia will not have the Gasols or Chacho. The girls will take over from them at Mundobasket. Volleyball , cycling, rowing and women’s basketball will experience their World Cups, and the Champions League will begin.
- September 1 to 11 : Volleyball World Championship. Russia
- September 1 to 16 : Eurobasket 2021. Germany, Czech Republic, Georgia and Italy
- September 6, 7 and 8 : the Champions League and the Europa League begin
- September 10 and 11 : US Open tennis finals
- September 16 to 18 : Aragon Motorcycle GP at Motorland-Alcañiz
- September 18 to 25 : World Cycling Championships. Wollongong, Australia
- September 18 to 25 : World Rowing Championship. Racece, Czech Republic
- October 22 to 1: Women’s Basketball World Cup. Sydney, Australia
October is one of the weakest months of the year, although leagues and Champions will advance before the World Cup break. Throughout the month we will see the start of the great basketball competitions, and we will close the cycling season at Il Lombardia.
- October 8 : Il Lombardia
- To be determined : the NBA begins
- To be determined : the ACB begins
- To be determined : Euroleague begins
The main dish of the year is expected to wait until November. It will be when the Qatar World Cup begins. When it starts, we will meet the motorcycling and Formula 1 world champions, as well as whether the Warriors have climbed onto the European podium. We will end the tennis season with the Davis Cup and the Maestras y Maestros tournaments.
- November 4 to 6 : GP of the Valencian Community in Cheste. finish the world cup
- November 4 to 20 : European Women’s Handball Championship. Slovenia, North Macedonia and Montenegro
- November 13 to 20 : ATP Finals. Turin, Italy
- November 18 to 20 : the Formula 1 World Championship ends. Abu Dhabi GP
- November 21 to December 18 : World Cup Qatar 2022
- Date to be determined : WTA Finals
- Date to be determined : Davis Cup (Abu Dhabi).
In December we will know who succeeds France as world football champion, or if the Blues repeat the title. The Club World Cup should also be held. Outside of football, the Short Pool World Cup will be the last big event of the year, with the permission of the San Silvestre that close the year around the world.
- December 17 to 22 : Short Course Swimming World Championship. Kazan, Russia
- December 18 : Qatar 2022 Final
- December 31 : San Silvestre Vallecana, Sao Paulo…
- To be determined : Club World Cup 2022